The design of new and upgraded water treatment facilities requires an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and their impact on wide-ranging water quality conditions.
Mott MacDonald has the understanding needed to deliver innovative solutions to complex water treatment problems. Our experience includes the treatment of groundwater, surface water and seawater, and we have a particular strength in the rehabilitation and upgrading of existing water treatment facilities to meet new water quality standards and to increase plant capacity.
From plant intakes and wells to residuals processing and treatment, we qualified and experienced in all forms of water treatment.
Surface water treatment
- Pilot testing of various treatment systems
- Conventional flocculation, sedimentation, and filtration
- High-rate clarification (ballasted flocculation, plate and tube settlers, DAF)
- Conventional and high rate filtration using mixed media and GAC
- Membranes (microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis)
- Chemical storage and feed systems using all types of water treatment chemicals
- Ultraviolet light for disinfection and advanced oxidation
- Iron & manganese using a variety of treatment methods
- Volatile organic chemicals using packed tower aeration, diffused bubble aeration, and GAC
- Radium removal
- Ion exchange
- Hardness reduction
- Gravity and high-rate thickening
- Belt filter presses
- Plate and frame presses
- Supernatant recycle treatment